In pursuance of directions of Hon'ble Supreme Court of India and UGC Regulations on combatting ragging, the NUJS has
constituted an Anti-Ragging Committee consisting of representatives of civil and police administration, local media,
Non-Government Organizations involved in youth activities, representatives of faculty members, representatives of
parents, representatives of students belonging to the fresher's category as well as senior students,
non-teaching staff; and with a diverse mix of membership in terms of levels as well as gender.
It shall be the duty of the Anti-Ragging Committee to ensure compliance with the provisions of these Regulations as well as the provisions of any law for the time being in force concerning ragging; and also to monitor and oversee the performance of the Anti-Ragging Squad in prevention of ragging in the University.
The Committee meets at least once a year to recommend preventive measures that can be adopted by the University to prohibit, prevent and eliminate the menace of ragging in any form on the University Campus.
List of Members1. Prof. (Dr.) P. Ishwara Bhat - Vice Chancellor, WBNUJS
2. Dr. Sarfaraz Ahmed Khan, Acting Registrar, WBNUJS
3. Ms. Gargi Ghosh, Associate Professor, Administrative Training Institute, Salt Lake.
4. Mr. Debasish Dhar, IPS, Adnl. Dy. Commissioner of Police, Bidhannagar
5. Mr. Prajnanda Chaudhuri, Special Correspondent, Ananda Bazar Patrika
6. Dr. Kushal Banerjee, Co-founder, Society Against Violence in Education
7. Ms. Vaneeta Patnaik, Assistant Professor, WBNUJS
8. Mr. Faisal Fasih, Assistant Professor, WBNUJS
9. Ms. Debasmita Choudhuri, mother of Ms. Aratrika Choudhuri, 3rd year LLB, WBNUJS
10. Mr. Chinmoy Kalgoankar, Class Representative, 1st Year Batch, WBNUJS
11. Mr. Arjun Agarwal, LL.B (5th yr.), President SJA, WBNUJS
12. Mr. Premananda Mukherjee, Library Assistant, WBNUJS
The University also has a smaller body known as the Anti-Ragging Squad for maintaining vigil, oversight and patrolling functions and shall remain mobile, alert and active at all times. It is the duty of the Anti-Ragging Squad to be called upon to make surprise raids on hostels, and other places vulnerable to incidents of, and having the potential of, ragging and shall be empowered to inspect such places. It shall also be the duty of the Anti-Ragging Squad to conduct an on-the-spot enquiry into any incident of ragging referred to it and the enquiry report along with recommendations shall be submitted to the Anti-Ragging Committee for action.
Members of the Anti-Ragging Squad1. Dr. Sanjay Kumar, Asst. Professor (Law), Warden-in-Charge Hostels (WBNUJS)
2. Dr. M.P. Chengappa, Asst. Professor (Law), Warden, Boys' Hostel
3. Prof. (Dr.) Arup Kumar Poddar, Professor of Law, WBNUJS
4. Ms. Sujata Roy, Asst. Professor (Law), Warden, Girls' Hostel
5. Dr. Lovely Dasgupta, Asst. Professor (Law), WBNUJS
6. Dr. Shuvro Prasun Sarkar, Guest Faculty (Law) and Warden, Boys' Hostel, WBNUJS
7. Mr. Saurabh Bhattacharjee, Asst. Professor (Law), WBNUJS
8. Dr. Kavita Singh, Associate Professor (Law), WBNUJS
9. Ms. Ankita Chakraborty, Asst. Professor (Sociology), WBNUJS
10. Mr. Nabendu Dam, Campus Supervisor, WBNUJS
Anti-Ragging Nodal Officer
The Nodal Officer of the University for Complaints on Ragging as per UGC Letter No. F.1-15/2009 (Anti-Ragging) dated 21-06-2012 is as follows:
Mr. Sarfaraz Ahmed Khan
Registrar (Acting) and Chief Warden
W. B. National University of Juridical Sciences Kolkata
'Dr. Ambedkar Bhavan',
12 LB Block, Sector IIII, Salt Lake