SCHOOL: School of Public Laws and Governance
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) from National Law School, Bangalore. [Thesis: The Regulation of Vertical agreements in Competition Law].
- Master of Philosophy, (M.Phil.) from NUJS, Kolkata. [Thesis: Safeguard Measures in International Trade Law].
- Master of Laws, (LL.M) from NUJS, Kolkata. [Dissertation - The Use of Force in International Law - Preemption,
Self Defence and State Responsibility]. Awarded the S. Gopalakrishnan Scholarship for Academic Excellence for two consecutive years, during LL.M.
- LL.B. from Symbiosis Law College, Pune. (Rank 1st)
- Campus Placement - Sahara India Group of Companies, Legal Department, Head Office, Lucknow. Worked on a range of matters including
arbitrations, drafting of contracts pertaining to the sponsorship of the Indian Cricket and Hockey Teams, aircraft leasing contracts,
trademark and copyright disputes.
- Law Associate in D.P. Ahuja & Co. Kolkata. Drafted trademark and copyright suits, as well as opinions as to the registrability of
various foreign trademarks in India. Assisted counsels in various cases before the Supreme Court of India, and the High Courts of
Delhi and Kolkata.
- Appointed as Assistant Professor (Law) in NUJS, Kolkata in 2007
Undergraduate: Jurisprudence, Law of Torts, World Trade Law, Competition Law.
Post Graduate: Competition Law, International Trade Law.
Diploma Courses: Post graduate Diploma in Business Laws, NUJS [Subject - Competition Law].
PUBLICATIONS/CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS: [Representative List]
- "Vertical Restraints in Competition law: The Need to Strike the Right Balance Between Regulation and Competition" NUJS Law Review, 2011, Volume 4, No. 4 [ISSN: 0975 - 0029].
- "The Unforeseen Developments Clause in Safeguards under the WTO: Confusions in Compliance" Estey Centre Journal of International Law and Trade Policy, Volume 11, No. 1 [ISSN: 1496-5208].
- "Towards a More Efficacious and Sustainable Water Sharing Dispute Resolution Framework: A Comparative Analysis of the Indian and American Systems of Law and Practice" Inter-State and International Water Disputes, P. Ishwara Bhat Edt. Eastern Book Company [ISBN: 93-5028-980-6].
- "India's Sexual Harassment Law - Rendering Tokenism?" Crime and Justice Research Centre, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane. [ISBN 978-0-9874678-6-7].
- Analysis of the Draft National Competition Policy of the Government of India, 2011 submitted to the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, available at
- "The Complexities in Regulating Vertical Agreements by Competition Law in the Automobile Industry" Paper presented at the 14th Asian Law Institute (ASLI) International Conference in Philippines, Manila [May 2017].
- "Vertical Agreements - A Critique of the Approach Taken under the Competition Act, 2002" Paper presented at the National Conference on Competition Law and Policy: Problems and Prospects Organised by ILI in Association with the Competition Commission of India, New Delhi [March 2017].
- "India's Sexual Harassment Law" paper presented at the Crime, Justice and Social Democracy Conference, Crime and Justice C entre, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia [July 2015].
- "The Regulation of Vertical Agreements in newer Competition Regimes: How much is too much?" Paper presented at the 10th Asian Law Institute (ASLI) International Conference in NLSIU, Bangalore [May 2013].
- "Towards a More Efficacious and Sustainable Water Sharing Dispute Resolution Framework: A Comparative Analysis of the Indian and American Systems of Law and Practice" Paper presented at a UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Inter State Water Disputes in NUJS .
- "Anti-Competitive Agreements and Cartelisation" presented at the First GNLU International Conference on Trade and Competition, organized by the Gujarat National Law University [March, 2011].
- "Safeguard Measures under the GATT/WTO" presented at the Sensitization Workshop on WTO and related issues organised by the Department of Small and Medium Scale Industries, Government.
CO-CURRICULAR & ADMINISTRATIVE ACTIVITIES/POSITIONS HELD:
- Member of the Under-Graduate Council
- Member of the Moderation Committee
- Member of the Staff Welfare Committee
- Member of the Infrastructure Development Committee
- Faculty Advisor to the Magazine Committee
- Faculty Advisor to the Literary and De bating Society
- Faculty Advisor of the Moot Court Society
- Faculty Advisor of the Society for International Trade and Competitionv