SCHOOL: School of Public Laws and Governance
- Pursuing Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), from National Law School, Bangalore on the Regulation of Vertical Agreements by Competition Law.
- Master of Philosophy, (M.Phil.) from NUJS in International Trade Law.
- Master of Laws, (LL.M) from NUJS with Dissertation in International Law. Awarded the S. Gopalakrishnan Scholarship for Academic Excellence.
- LL.B. from Symbiosis Law College, Pune. (Rank 1st)
- July 2002 - May 2004: Worked at the
Sahara India Group of Companies, at their Head
Office in Lucknow on a wide range of matters
including arbitrations, (the ICC Champions
trophy Sahara Logo Dispute) drafting of
contracts pertaining to the sponsorship of the
Indian Cricket and Hockey Team, aircraft leasing
contracts and various trademark and copyright
- June 2004 - April 2005: Worked as Law
Associate in D.P. Ahuja & Co. at their Kolkata
office. Drafted trademark and copyright suits,
as well as opinions as to the registrability of
different foreign trademarks in India. Assisted
counsels in various cases before the Supreme
Court of India, and the High Courts of Delhi and
- November 2006 till date: Appointed as
Teaching Assistant in NUJS in 2006. Joined the
same University as Assistant Professor (Law) in
Undergraduate: Jurisprudence, Law of Torts,
World Trade Law, Competition Law. Post
Graduate: Competition Law.
RESEARCH AND WRITING
- Working Paper on "Vertical Agreements in
Competition Law - Striking the Right Balance
between Regulation and Competition".
- Comment on Competition Commission v. SAIL
welcoming the Supreme Court verdict in the
Competition Commission's dispute with SAIL
available at mylaw.net
- Article titled "The Unforeseen Developments Clause in Safeguards under the WTO: Confusions in Compliance" published in the Estey Centre Journal of International Law and Trade Policy, Volume 11, No. 1
- Paper on 'Safeguard Measures under the WTO' presented at a Sensitization Workshop on WTO and related issues organised by the Department of Small and Medium Scale Industries, Government of India, in 2009 at Kolkata.
- M. Phil Dissertation titled 'Causation in Safeguards under the GATT/WTO: Confusions in Compliance'.
- LL.M. Dissertation titled 'The Use of Force in International Law Post 9/11: Self Defence, Pre-emption and State Responsibility'.
ACTIVITIES AND INTERESTS:
- Faculty Advisor of the Moot Court Society
- Faculty Advisor of the Society for
International Trade and Competition
- Actively interested in Co-Curricular (Moot
Courts, Legal Aid etc.) and Extra-Curricular
(Debating, Music, Dramatics etc.) activities.
Represented college and won awards in many of
these events including the Runners Up Trophy at
the S.C. Jawali National Moot Court Competition,
organised by University Law College, Karnataka
in 2001 and the Winner of the 'Best Lady
Advocate' award at the same National Moot Court