Supriyo Routh ( On Leave )
(+91)33-2335 0534/ 7379/ 0765/
2806/ 2809/ 2811; Extn. 3050
SCHOOL OR CENTER: School of Private Law and
A Fulbright Fellow, Mr. Routh has done his LL.B.
from the Department of Law, University of North
Bengal and his LL.M. from NUJS. He did his
second LL.M. from the Vanderbilt University,
USA. His interest areas are Labour Law,
Administrative Law and Clinical Legal Education.
He offers compulsory and optional courses on
these areas in LL.B. and post graduate level. He
has been a Visiting Faculty at the University of
North Bengal; National Academy of Customs Excise
and Narcotics, Kolkata; and Institute of Genetic
Engineering, West Bengal University. He is a
Resource Person for the Indian Institute of Port
Management, Kolkata. He worked with Balason
Society for Improved Environment, an NGO in
Darjeeling district. He had been a Students'
Counsellor at the S K Acharya Institute of Law,
University of Kalyani before joining NUJS.
- Providing Legal Aid: Taking up the Issue of
Student Practice, IJR, Vol 1 2008.
- India's RTI Legislation: Jurisprudential
Understanding, in Right to Information (Book
Chapter), Asok Kumar Mukhopahyay, Administrative
Training Institute, Government of West Bengal,
- "Right to Euthanasia: Case Against
Criminalisation", The Criminal Law Journal,
- "Property vis-à-vis Intellectual Property:
The Definitional Crisis", Corporate Law Cases,
- "Right to Association and Collective
Bargaining: The ILO Scenario vis-à-vis the
Indian Position"; The Journal of Labour and
Industrial Law Cases, November 2004.
- Prepared a Legal Compendium on the Panchayat
and Municipal Laws of West Bengal state for the
Price Waterhouse Coopers, November, 2005.
- "Hacking: The Crime, The Instrument to Commit
the Crime and The Law"; Criminal Law Journal,
Labour Law, Administrative Law,
RESEARCH WORK COMPLETED / CURRENTLY UNDERTAKEN
- Researcher & Field Surveyor in the project on
'Review of Central and State Legislations
applicable to the Tea Industry sponsored by the
Tea Board in the year 2005.
- Researcher in the project on 'Use of Forensic
Sciences in Criminal Justice Administration'
sponsored by the Bureau of Police Research and
Development (BPR&D) during 2004 - 05.
- Researcher in the project on 'Human Rights and
Prisoners Conditions' sponsored by the British
Council during 2001 - 2002.
- Presently working on the Free Trade - Labour