Sarfaraz Ahmed Khan (On Leave)
(Res.): +91(033) 65698233, (Mob.): 0091-9831736144
(Off.): +91(33) 23350534/7379
SCHOOL OR CENTER: SCHOOL OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE &
West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
Associated with several other organisations on voluntary basis including General Secretary, Indo-British Scholars Association, British Council, Kolkata.
- Awarded British Chevening Human Rights Scholarship, 2004 from British Council, India, for studying LL.M in International Human Rights at University of Essex, United Kingdom during 2004 - 2005.
- International Visitor Leadership Fellowship by U.S. Government to attend Three Weeks Programme on Anti-Human Trafficking at U.S.A during May, 21, 2007 to June, 8, 2007.
LL.B (5 Yrs) South Calcutta Law College (Calcutta University) 1998
LL.M West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata. 2003
LL.M Essex University, U.K 2005
M.Phil West Bengal National University of
Juridical Sciences, Kolkata. (Contd).
Published Training Manual Prepared:
- Lok-Adalat: An Effective ADR Mechanism, (2006), APH Publishing Corporation.
- Rights of the Victims: Reparation by International Criminal Court, (2007), APH Publishing Corporation.
- Justice to Victims of Crime, Mittal Publication, (2008), (Under publication)
Unpublished Training Manual Prepared (For Internal Circulation)
- Co-authored, Training Manual on, 'Developing a Rights Based Approach For Anti-Trafficking Actions in South Asia, Prepared and Published by 'terre des homes, Suisse (2008)
- Manual for Prosecutors on Human Rights, to be published by National Human Rights Commission, (Under process of Publication).
- Co-authored, Human Trafficking and the Law, Training Manual for Prosecutors and Police Officers of Maharastra on Anti-Human Trafficking, (2007)
- Co-authored, Training Manual for Government Officials, Police Officers and Prosecutors of Bihar on Anti-Human Trafficking, (2007)
- Law to Combat Trafficking in Human Rights, a source book for prosecutors, Organised by United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Regional Office of South Asia & The Center for Human Rights and Citizenship Studies.
- Co-Edited, The Manual on Environmental Protection, Vol. 1& 2, (2005), Published by West Bengal Pollution Control Board.
- Training Manual for Workshop on 'Child Rights', organized by W. B. National University of Juridical Sciences in Collaboration with CHILDLINE India Foundation, on 27th September, 2008.
- Training Manual for Assistant Public Prosecutors for 'Induction Training Programme held at W. B. National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata, during 7th September, 2008 to 12th September, 2008.
- Study Material Prepared for Seminar on Fair Deal to Victims, organized by School of Criminal Justice and Administration of NUJS and Institute of Social Sciences, New Delhi, on 14th January 2006.
- Study Materials prepared for One day workshop on Intellectual Property Rights With Special Reference to Music Piracy, on 9th December 2006, jointly organised by School of Criminal Justices and Administration of NUJS and The Indian Music Industry.
- Study Material Prepared for Vertical Interaction Course for Senior I.P.S. Officers, on 6th to 11th November 2006, organized by School of Criminal Justice and Administration of NUJS and Bureau of Police Research and Development, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
- Study Material Prepared for Vertical Interaction Course for Senior I.P.S. Officers, on 21st to 26th November 2005, organized by School of Criminal Justice and Administration of NUJS and Bureau of Police Research and Development, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
- Study Material prepared for Vertical Interaction Course for Senior I.P.S. Officers, on 1st to 6th September 2003, organized by School of Criminal Justice and Administration of NUJS and Bureau of Police Research and Development, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
- Study Material Prepared for Seminar on Use of Forensic Science in Criminal Investigation and Trail, on 25th September, 2004, organized by School of Criminal Justice and Administration of NUJS and Bureau of Police Research and Development, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
- Law of Evidence in the Age of Internet: An Analysis, 2002(2) UJ 106 (Journal) & 2002 (3) GCD 121 (Journal).
- Extradition and Death Penalty - An Unresolved Dilemma in European States, IJIL, to be published.
- Victims Right to Reparation - Need for a Proper Policy Framework, to be published by Indian Society of Victimology.
RESEARCH WORK COMPLETED / CURRENTLY UNDERTAKEN
- Submitted dissertation on "Lok-Adalat: An Effective ADR Mechanism: Study of the functioning of the institution in West Bengal" .WBNUJS, (2003).
- Submitted dissertation on
'Study of the Right to Reparation to the Victims under the International Criminal Court', LL.M Dissertation, Essex University (2005).
CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS / LECTURES / CONFERENCES ATTENDED
- Associated with the research project on 'Prison Reform in India' assigned by Bureau of Police Research and Development, Government of India, as co-coordinator.
- Associated with the research project on 'Use of Forensic Science in Criminal Investigation and Trial', the report submitted to Bureau of Police Research and Development, New Delhi.
- Worked as Research Fellow for the Project on
'Criminal Justice Administration in India' conducted by the School of Criminal Justice and Administration, National University of Juridical Sciences, funded by with Ford Foundation.
Delivered Lecture and Talk outside NUJS (Representative)
- Invited as sole representative of India under International Visitor Leadership Programme by U.S. Government to attend Three Weeks Programme on Anti-Human Trafficking at U.S.A during May, 21, 2007 to June, 8, 2007 and attended several workshops, seminars, talk and discussions at several places of U.S.A including Washington D.C, New York, Kansas City and Sanfrasisco.
- Attended Inter-Regional Conference on
Justice Systems and Human Rights, during 18-20th September, 2006 at Brasilia, Brazil, Organized by British Council, Brazil in association with Ford Foundation and Essex University.
- Attended weeklong seminar (14-19 November, 2004) on,
"Realising Human Rights: Implementing human rights through litigation", organised by British Council, Oxford, U.K
- Attended International Seminar on, "Alternative Dispute Resolution", held at Dhaka on 7th & 8th March, 2004 organised by British Council, Bangladesh.
Associated with different Seminar and Training Programs (Representative)
- Trained 35 lawyers of Bar from Patna on 'Legal and Ethical Issues on HIV' and 'HIV and Human Rights', organised by Bhoruka Public Welfare Trust in Collaboration with NACO, on 7th June, 2009 at SCADA Business Centre, Patna.
- Trained 13 Senior Judicial Officers of Manipur on Laws Relating to Juveniles during
'Three-days Training of Judicial Magistrates (1st Class) on Child Psychology and Child Welfare', Organised jointly by Childline India Foundation & Department of Social Welfare, Government of Mnipur, on 27th to 29th April, 2009 at State Guest House, Imphal.
- Given training to police officers in four training organized by Women Interlink Foundation in collaboration with TDH on 8/2/2009 at Swarupnagar P.S under Basirhat Sub Division in which 33 Police Officers were participated, on 14/2/2009 at Gaigatha (Bangaon) in which 70 Police Officers were participated, on 23/2/2009 at Mekhligunge in which 34 Police Officers were participated and on 24/2/2009 at District North 24 Parganas in which 106 Police Personnel and other NGOs representative participated.
- Participated as one of the panelist at the seminar on
'Prevention of Cross Border Trafficking in Women and Children between Bangladesh and West Bengal, India', on 12th April, 2008 at Subarnatat, Dakhin Dinajpur, West Bengal. 22 Police Personnel and 17 BSF Personnel participated in the program.
- Participated as sole resource person for training program on Anti-Human Trafficking for Police Officers of District South Dinajpur, Organized by Women Interlink Foundation,
on 29th March, 2008 at Hili Police Station in which 25 Police Personnel Participated.
- Delivered lecture on
'Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005, organized by SLARTC and SWD, Government of West Bengal, on 21st August, 2007 at Barasat.
- Delivered Lecture on 'Life' at Don Bosco School, Liluah, on 2nd April, 2007. The Theme for 2007 of the organization was LIFE and I was invited as Chief Guest on inaugural day to deliver lecture on the topic.
- Delivered Lecture on
- Looking forward from Survival to Success', on the occasion of International Women Day on 8th March, 2007 at Jawaharkunj, Barrackpur, organized by Millennium Care & Development.
- Delivered talk on 'Gaps in investigation and prosecution of cases relating to Human Trafficking' as one of the panelist along with Justice Samaresh Banerjea, Lok-Ayukta, West Bengal and Mr. Taj Mohammad, Dy. Director, Directorate of Prosecution, W. B., in Consultative Meeting organized by JABALA on 23rd December, 2006.
- Delivered talk on several legal issues such as 'Right to Information', Anti-Human Trafficking Laws', 'Concept, Skill and Implementation of Mediation in India', 'Investigation and Prosecution of Human Trafficking Cases', 'Defect in Investigation and Prosecution', "Implementation of Consumer Rights at National and International level", "Laws on cyber crime", "Role of Prosecutor and Responsibility of Investigating Officers in Presenting Cases before the Court, "Conciliation and Mediation", "Basic Concept of Disputes, Conflict and Litigation", etc., in different training programs organised by NGOs, Various Chamber of Commerce etc.
COURSES TAUGHT TO LL.B STUDENTS
- Coordinated 5 Law School Training Program on Anti-Human Trafficking on 12/1/2009 at NUJS, 21/1/2009 at South Calcutta Law College, 12/2/2009 at Kingston College, 26/2/2009 at North Bengal University, Law Department and 28/2/2009 at Jogesh Chandra Chowdhury Law College, Organised by Women Interlink Foundation in collaboration with TDH.
- Coordinated 8 training program for Prosecutors of West Bengal on Anti-Human Trafficking organized by National University of Juridical Sciences in Collaboration with UNODC during March, 2007 to September, 2008.
- Co-ordinated 24 training programme on Anti-Human Trafficking, during March, 2007 to September, 2008, for Prosecutors and Police Officers of five Districts of Bihar namely Begusarai, Araria, Purnea, Kishanganj and Katihar, Bhagalpur, Banka, Rohtas, Supaul, Saharsa, jointly organized by Apne Aap Women Worldwide, Bihar Police and United Nation Office on Drug and Crimes.
- Organised and Coordinated one day workshop on,
'Throwing Light on Child Rights and Discussion on Legalities and Realities of Child Line Cases', on 27th September, 2008, for Magistrate, Advocates & Prosecutors, Organised jointly by the Childline India Foundation, Kolkata and SCJA, WBNUJS, Kolkata.
- Coordinated 6 days Induction Training for newly recruited Assistant Public Prosecutors of West Bengal during 7th - 12th September, 2008, organized by NUJS in collaboration with Directorate of Prosecution, West Bengal.
- Coordinated on behalf of WBNUJS, Judicial Seminar
"Human Rights in Judgments in South Asia", organized by International Commission of Jurist in Collaboration with WBNUJS during 14-15th December 2007, at Hotel Hyatt International, Kolkata, India
- Associated as co-coordinator with organizing one day Colloquium On Police Reforms on 10th February, 2007 jointly with Institute of Social Sciences, New Delhi, W.B.N.U.J.S.
- Co-ordinator, One day workshop on Intellectual Property Rights with special reference to Music Piracy', organized jointly by SCJA & IMI, on 9th December, 2006.
- Co-coordinator, Vertical Interaction Course for Senior Police Officers, 6th - 11th November, 2006, Organized by School of Criminal Justice and Administration, NUJS, Sponsored by, Bureau of Police Research and Development, MHA, GOI.
"Training of Trainers on Anti Human Trafficking", for Public Prosecutors of West Bengal and Andhra Pradesh, jointly organized by WBNUJS and United Nation Office on Drug and Crime, ROSA, from 28th July, 2006 to 31st July, 2006.
- Coordinator, Certificate Course on Human Rights Law, 10-06-2006 to 31.07.2006.
- Coordinated the Seminar on
'Fair Deal to Victims', jointly organized by WBNUJS and Institute of Social Sciences, New Delhi, on 14.01.2006.
- Co-coordinator, Six-day Vertical Interaction Course for Senior Police Officers on,
"Administration of Criminal Justice", from 21st to 26th November, 2005.
Legal Method; Criminal Procedure Code; Evidence Law; Alternative Dispute Resolution; International Commercial Arbitration
1. Central Detective Training College, Government of India, Kolkata.
2. Administrative Training Institute, Government of West Bengal, Kolkata
3. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Eastern Council, Kolkata
4. South Calcutta Law College
5. Chanakya National Law University, Patna, Bihar
6. International Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution